Stamford Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Motorcycle crashes are more common than one would think, especially those that involve beginner riders. Dangerous vehicles, one out of every five motorized bike crashes are shown to result in head or neck injuries.
Have you or loved one been injured in a motorcycle accident due to a negligent driver? The lawyers at Papcsy Janosov Roche Trial Lawyers have extensive experience with motorcycle collisions and can assist you in recovering compensation for your injuries. Contact Papcsy Janosov Roche Trial Lawyers today and make an appointment to speak with one of our lawyers about your case! A study conducted in collaboration with The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports:
- Approximately three-fourths of motorcycle accidents involved collision with another vehicle, which was most usually a passenger automobile.
- Approximately one-fourth of motorcycle accidents are single vehicle accidents involving the motorcycle colliding with the roadway or some fixed object in the environment.
- Vehicle failure accounted for less than 3% of these motorcycle accidents, and motorcycle rider error was present as the accident precipitating factor in about two-thirds of the cases studied.
- Typical motorcycle rider errors associated with motorcycle accidents include slide outs and falls due to over braking or running wide on a curve due to excess speed or under-cornering.
- In multiple vehicle accidents, the driver of the other vehicle violated the motorcycle right-of-way and caused the accident in two-thirds of those accidents.
- The failure of motorists to detect and recognize motorcycles in traffic is the predominating cause of motorcycle accidents.
- Intersections are the most likely place for the motorcycle accident, with the other vehicle violating the motorcycle right-of-way, and often violating traffic controls.
- Most motorcycle accidents involve a short trip associated with shopping, errands, friends, entertainment or recreation, and the accident is likely to happen close to the trip origin.
- The median pre-crash speed was 29.8 mph, and the median crash speed was 21.5 mph, and the one-in-a-thousand crash speed is approximately 86 mph.
- More than half of the accident-involved motorcycle riders had less than 5 months experience on the accident motorcycle, although the total street riding experience was almost 3 years. Motorcycle riders with dirt bike experience are significantly under-represented in the accident data.
- Injury severity increases with speed and motorcycle size.
- Helmeted riders and passengers showed significantly lower head and neck injury for all types of injury, at all levels of injury severity.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents can be caused by:
- Drunk driving
- Aggressive driving
- Poor road conditions
- Traffic congestion
- Disregard of driving laws right of way
- Auto car driver negligence
Preventing Motorcycle Accident-Related Injuries
Almost every single motorcycle crash ends in injury. Damages experienced by riders can be extensive. Studies of motorcycle crashes show that head and neck injuries account for a great majority of serious and fatal injuries to motorcyclists. To help reduce severe injuries, approved safety helmets can help protect against severe head and neck injuries.
However, some riders do not wear helmets because they think helmets will limit their peripheral view. Other riders selectively wear helmets such as only during long trips or when riding at high speeds.
Whether or not a rider feels safe, make note that most motorcycle crashes happen on short trips (less than five miles long), just a few minutes after starting out. Most riders are also riding slower than 30 mph when a crash occurs. At these speeds, helmets can cut both the number and the severity of head injuries by half. However, at any speed, helmeted riders are three times more likely to survive head injuries than those not wearing helmets at the time of the crash. Contact our lawyers if you have been injured in a crash resulting from another driver’s negligence.
Legal Help for Motorcycle Accident Victims
Are you or a family member suffering from injuries resulting from a motorcycle accident? The lawyers at Papcsy Janosov Roche can help you obtain justice and recover your rightful compensation. Contact a motorcycle accident attorney at Papcsy Janosov Roche now at 203.642.3888 or simply fill out the Free Motorcycle Accident Case Evaluation Form.